As we are getting into the hot summer months, here are some tips to keep your equipment running at its best.
1. After mowing your grass and the engine cools rinse the mower to remove all debris, especially around transmission and self propel area.
2. Make sure you mower blade is sharp. Having a dull blade makes your engine work harder. Also a dull blade tears your grass blades leaving unsightly brown tips which can create disease on your lawn.
3. After mowing your grass keep your gas tank full so there is no room for condensation to build. Condensation is the number one cause of fuel breakdown.
4. As a suggestion or friendly tip when purchasing your outdoor equipment if it all possible purchase your items from a dealer and not from a box store. Unfortunately box store equipment is lower quality hidden behind a brand name. As a technician I have found customers to be very disappointed in how long there equipment lasts when purchased from a box store and many times I have not been able to get parts to repair.
5. If you repair your own equipment I recommend that you purchase o.e.m. equipment and please be careful installing these new parts. Just this year alone I have seen four blades put on a lawnmower upside down which can be very dangerous.
The equipment I repair include lawn mowers, snowblowers, generators, rototillers, pressure washers, chippers and shredders and log splitters.
My quality repair and maintenance services include detailed estimates, diagnostic testing, oil changes, carburetor cleaning and rebuilding, engine tune ups, valve adjusting and reseating, belt replacement, starter repairs, blade sharpening and more.
I also provide pick up and delivery for the following areas. Emmaus, Alburtis, Macungie, Trexlertown, Allentown, Coopersburg, South Whitehall, Fogelsville and Bethlehem and surrounding areas.
If you require service on your equipment I can be reached at 610-704-9808 or you can visit my various websites www.google.com/+DavesSmallEngineRepairEmmaus or DavesSmallEngineRepairEmmaus for Yelp or Facebook.